What's The Password?
A new year and a new beginning have arrived alongside our Speakeasy Collection, open for preorder today!
This collection combines the art of crafted cocktails with that of crafted colorways bringing you ten skeins that drop you into the thick of the energetic and opulent underground watering holes of the prohibition era.
This palette offers a wide value range delivering warm, velvety jewel tones, effervescent brights, and everything in between.
You all loved the exclusive Aran base we offered as part of our Coffeehouse Collection and we are so excited to be able to offer a limited amount of this luscious base as part of Speakeasy!
We have worked closely with our friend and affiliate Olga Fahim of Gotham Knits on the launch of this collection! Olga is a pattern designer based in New York City is constantly posting her beautiful work, informative videos, and light hearted fiber humor over on her Instagram.
We asked Olga to tell us a little bit about herself and how she got to where she is!
Hey guys, this is Olga from Gotham.Knits and you can’t imagine how happy I am to collaborate with Nicole of Hue Loco! I think she’s my long lost sister, and her taste in colors is very similar to mine.
A bit about myself, if you don’t know me - I was born and raised in Ukraine, I got my Master’s degree in Psychology, worked as a journalist in a daily newspaper, and then moved to the US when I was 23 and started working as a florist!
I learned to knit when I was a kid, and I remember that I always preferred staying home and knitting to going out with my friends. I like to create, but I am so very bad at drawing/painting/pottery, and knitting and crocheting is a perfect outlet for my creativity!
We are partnering with Olga to host a giveaway for a full set of Speakeasy on our Single Sock Base, click here to enter!
Now that you have seen what's on the menu, here are are few patterns that we think are perfect matches for this moody, rich palette!
Knit1) My Cup of Tea Socks (free) by Robin Lynn, photo courtesy of Ravelry user Daabie
2) Upland Sweater by Olga Putano Designs, photo courtesy of the designer
3) Divine Cardigan by Pope Vergara, photo courtesy of the designer
4) Glee Shawl (free) by Espace Tricot, photo courtesy of the designer
5) Klaryberet by Klara Nilsson, photo courtesy of the designer
1) Fingerless Granny Square Mitts by Lullaby Melodia, photo courtesy of the designer
2) Geometry Kaleidoscope Jacket by Tania Skalozub, photo courtesy of the designer
3) Kaleidoscope Shawl (free) by Sara Kay Hartmann, photo courtesy of the designer
4) Alma Sweater by Tatsiana Kupryianchyk, photo courtesy of the designer
5) Mesa Hat and Scarf by Toni Lipsey, photo courtesy of the designer
Raise a glass to our newest collection! We hope you feel inspired to make the most out of the fresh start, cheers friends!