Coffeehouse: Be Your Own Barista
There are only a few short days until our sneak peeks for the Coffeehouse Collection begin on Instagram, but we wanted to give our blog readers an extra early look!
We have always been big fans of Jake and the fantastic things he creates at Kenyarn, so naturally, we jumped at the opportunity to include his Aran base as part of Coffeehouse!
Chai Latte from the Coffeehouse Collection on Aran
This collection is all about sinking into an over-stuffed chair at your favorite cafe, your favorite drink in hand, and a chilly breeze blowing outside.
If that feeling were skein, it would be this gorgeous Aran base. This blend is the definition of luxurious with a drape that can’t be beat and a subtle halo effect from its alpaca fiber.
Here is all you need to know:
- Fiber Content: 70% Superwash Merino Wool / 20% Alpaca / 10% Nylon
- Yardage: 196 yards per 100g
- Cost: $31 skein
This base will be available in limited quantities on in Coffeehouse colorways and there will be a small number of Aran Buy The Whole Collection sets for those larger projects!
With that delicious Aran fresh in your mind, take a look at a few patterns that would be absolutely perfect worked up in these Coffeehouse colorways!
Knit1) Step-by-Step Sweater (free) by Florence Miller, photo courtesy of the designer
2) Bumpy Cowl by Maxim Cyr, photo courtesy of the designer
3) Oort Cloud Shawl by Olga Fahim, photo courtesy of the designer
4) Cloudburst (free) by Arienne Grey, photo courtesy of the designer
5) Ridgeline Duster by Knitatude / Chantal Miyagishima, photo courtesy of the designer
1) Rustic Rainbow Throw by Toni Lipsey, photo courtesy of the designer
2) Midnight Waffle Cardigan (free) by Grace Forthefrills, photo courtesy of the designer
3) Macchiato Infinity Scarf by Tonya Bush, photo courtesy of the designer
4) Goldenrod Sweater by Linda Skuja, photo courtesy of the designer
5) Mina's Classic Mitts (free) by Emily Marie Davies, photo courtesy of the designer
With all this coffee talk, we are ready for some beverages! We have put together a few classic coffee shop recipes to make at home that will satisfy coffee drinkers, tea fans, and hot chocolate lovers alike!
1) Iced Brown Sugar Shaken Espresso
If this is your go-to drink from everyone’s favorite coffee chain, you will love this simple at-home dupe from Modern Farmhouse Eats! If you don’t have an espresso machine it can be made with instant espresso for equally delicious results!
2) The Perfect Pour-over
Last week we shared a pour-over and an electric kettle that will make this a breeze! If you are a coffee lover who is all about the process and details, you will love this tutorial from Stumptown Coffee Roasters! From weights to timing, here is all you need to know to make the perfect pour-over.
3) Vanilla Syrup
For those who love a kiss of vanilla, this syrup is a great way to add it to your drinks at home! This recipe from Fork In The Kitchen can be made with vanilla extract, beans, or paste and is incredible in lattes, London fogs, or (if you are feeling a little cheeky) a nice cocktail at the end of the day!
4) Masala Chai
Who doesn’t love a nice spicy chai? This traditional recipe from Feasting At Home uses whole spices and fresh ginger root to bring the best autumn flavors to a mug near you!
5) Homemade Hot Chocolate
As the end of the year approaches and the winter weather sets in, sometimes you just need a great cup of hot chocolate! This recipe from Celebrating Sweets will show you how to make extra-decadent cocoa and has tons of great ideas for how to customize it to fit all tastes.
We think that this collection has been steeping long enough! Be sure to join us starting Monday, October 23rd on Instagram for a look at all ten colorways, sock sets, and mini sets and well as an opportunity to ask any questions!
The Coffeehouse Collection launches Friday, October 27th at 8am MST, see you there!