All About That Base: Bulky
Hello fiber lovers! We are headed up, up and away to talk about our heaviest weight base, Bulky! Let’s do this!
Here are the fundamentals:
- Blend: 100% Superwash Merino Wool
- Weight: Bulky
- Structure: 3-ply
- Yardage: 300 yards per 250 gram skein
- Recommended Needle Size: US 9-11, 13-15 stitches per 4"
- Recommended Hook Size: K-M, 8-11 stitches per 4”
- Care Instructions: Hand wash cold, dry flat
- Available In: 250g skeins
Bulky pictured in Aloha
They’re big, they’re beautiful, they’re bulky! This base is tailor-made for those ultra-cozy projects, ranging from hats and ear-warmers to sweaters and blankets. Bulky is all about speed and satisfaction; whether it's a last-minute gift or a quick hat for tomorrow's snowfall, Bulky is the base for you!
Our 100% Superwash Merino Bulky boasts a gorgeous ply structure that will give you wonderfully exaggerated stitches making stockinette the main event and giving ribbing a dramatic edge. In addition to its texture, our Bulky has a bouncy quality that gives items created with it a satisfying weighty drape and movement.
Bulky is a show-stopper and is available year-round in any of our speckled colorways. It is also available in our preorder collections and as part of our monthly one pot colorway and star sign releases!
Here are just a few patterns that we think would be a perfect match for our Bulky base!
1) Ursa by Jacqueline Cieslak, photo courtesy of the designer
2) Cuello Principiante (free) by Belén Fernández, photo courtesy of the designer
3) Granny Style Crossbody Bag by MJ's Off The Hook Designs, photo courtesy of the designer
4) Someday Sweater (free) by Grace Forthefrills, photo courtesy of the designer
If you are hungry for a few more ideas, you can check out our Bulky Ravelry Bundle here.
- Bulky is only available in our speckled colorways, but if you are interested in ordering this base in a Semisolid colorway, you can do so on this listing!
Next time we will be talking about the ever ethereal Suri! See you then!