All About That Base: Worsted
Hello and welcome to another installment of All About That Base! It’s all about Worsted today, let’s go!
- Blend: 100% Superwash Merino Wool
- Weight: Worsted
- Structure: 4-ply
- Yardage: 218 yards per 100g skein
- Recommended Needle Size: US 7-9, 16-20 stitches per 4 inches
- Recommended Hook Size: I-K, 11-14 stitches per 4 inches
- Care Instructions: Hand wash cold, dry flat
- Available In: 100g skeins
Worsted is the versatile "mama bear" of the yarn world—not too thick, not too thin, just right! This 100% Merino base strikes the perfect balance of form and function. It makes quick work of your projects and produces items that are ultra-warm and hard-wearing while looking and feeling totally luxurious.
Worsted can handle anything which is why this superstar has been cherished by knitters and crocheters for generations. From slippers and hats to sweaters, blankets, and toys, it can do it all! Its larger gauge allows one-skein projects to feel substantial, and you can complete bigger projects with fewer skeins, who doesn’t love that?! With its satisfying texture and loft, Worsted guarantees a cozy and lightweight fabric with a great feel.
If Worsted is your go-to base, here are just a few patterns we think would be absolutely wonderful for it!
1) Coloring Book Raglan by Aimee Sher, photo courtesy of Ravelry user Ponderbird
2) Jasmine Scarf (free) by Purl Soho, photo courtesy of the designer
3) Agnes Sweater Vest (free) by Bethany Lynne, photo courtesy of the designer
4) Half n Half Infinity Scarf by Melissa Fisher, photo courtesy of the designer
For more inspiration, check out our Ravelry Bundles for a multitude of great pattern recommendations!
- Worsted is a classic base, perfect for timeless items like Gansey sweaters and other gorgeous vintage patterns
Next time we will be talking about our bodacious Bulky base, you won't want to miss it!