All About That Base: Spun Sock XL
Hi friends and welcome back to All About That Base! Today is all about our Spun Sock XL base, so let's get started!
Spun Sock XL fundamentals:
- Blend: 80% Superwash Merino Wool, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon
- Weight: Fingering or Sock
- Structure: 2-ply, high twist
- Yardage: 600 yards per 150-gram skein
- Recommended Needle Size: US 1-3, 27-32 stitches per 4"
- Recommended Hook Size: B-E, 21-32 stitches per 4"
- Care Instructions: Hand wash cold, dry flat
- Available In: 150g skeins
If you are a fan of our Merino Sock base, you can think of Spun Sock XL as its older sibling! This base has the same high twist, 2-ply structure, and delightful texture as Merino Sock but with the addition of 10% cashmere for a little extra luxury. The blend of superwash Merino wool, cashmere, and nylon means that this ultra-soft yarn has the drape, stitch definition, softness, and durability of our other bases but with a bit of added richness, making it perfect for those extra special, heirloom-quality pieces.
You really can't beat the feel of cashmere, but that's not the only thing that makes Spun Sock XL fantastic; at 600 yards per 150-gram skein, this base delivers on both opulence and versatility! With this generous yardage, you can really take your one-skein projects to the next level or get a larger project out of fewer skeins. Who doesn't love that?! Spun Sock XL is perfect for any garment worn next to the skin because of the plush nature of cashmere but is also beautifully suited for anything with lacework, brioche, and other stitch patterns that benefit from some extra definition.
As one of our core bases, Spun Sock XL will always be available in all of our in-stock speckled and semisolid colorways, collections, and full skein monthly releases.
Here are a few projects we love for Spun Sock XL, but if you want to look at some other great options, we've got you covered with our Ravelry Bundles!
- Despite being different blends, Spun Sock XL and Merino Sock look exactly the same and can be worked together seamlessly in one project!
Thanks for joining us this week, and make sure to check in next Tuesday for more details about our Single Sock base!